Friday, August 15, 2008

Mission: Impossible III

Mission: Impossible III
So, I was finally able to see the "last" of the Mission Impossible movies tonight. And I'd have to say it was surprisingly good! But what surprised me even more is that the very person who directed MI3 is the producer of the television series "Lost," J.J. Abrams. I think this is why I enjoyed this film so much (although almost any MI movie made after the second one would definitely keep me entertained).

The story is about Ethan Hunt (undoubtedly) and him coming out of “retirement.” He has settled down since the last time we left Ethan Hunt, and is about to get married and start a family. The IMF contacts Ethan and wants him to do one last assignment for them, which involves saving a fellow agent, which uncovers more and more leads. Great action, suspense, and some corny lines get you absorbed into this film.

Tom Cruise plays Ethan Hunt, and his wife in the movie, Julia, is played by Michelle Monaghan. What I really enjoyed was how well Philip Seymour Hoffman played a cold-hearted bad guy in this movie (Owen Davian). It was hard for me to take him seriously at first for his comedic roles prior, but I quickly loved his character. Abrams put together a solid cast that also included, Ving Rhames, Keri Russell and Jonathan Rhys Meyers, both from August Rush, Laurence Fishburne, and Simon Pegg (Shaun of the Dead).

I liked how the movie got me sitting up and nervous, I can’t say that happens to me a lot. Very entertaining. The acting was great, the plot was great, the cast and everything! All around it was a great movie I recommend it.

Mission: Impossible III gets...
4 Stars

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online